A basement is usually a little bit of extra square footage in a home, adding an extra room or two and maybe allowing guests a bit more privacy when visiting. Basement renovations can add so much to your home and your entertaining space. If you have some extra space in your basement, here are some fun basement renovations you should consider:
- Movie theater – Install stadium seating with recliners or comfy sofas. Paint one wall white and install a projector overhead. Include a mini concession stand stocked with treats and popcorn.
- Home gym – Include soft flooring, a wall with mirrors, a TV, and a water fountain, as well as free weights, a treadmill, a stationary bike, and any other equipment you use frequently.
- Mini kitchen– Include a small wall of cabinets, fridge, oven, a bar, a sink, and seating.
- Private guest suite– Create a bedroom with a private entrance, luxury bathroom, and a small living room.
- Kids’ play spaces– Add a mini room under the staircase and decorate it to be a playhouse. You can also include a Lego board wall or flooring and a small stage with dress up hooks and costumes nearby
- Game room– Install a small bar and mini fridge. Bring in a pool table and/or ping pong table, big screen TV, and comfy seating. Have the space wired for surround sound.
Don’t let your basement become storage or wasted space. With all these ideas, find some basement renovations that your home could use and we will get to work. We’ll help you design your dream basement depending on your interests and how you want that space to be used. There are so many ways to make the most out of your space without breaking the bank, so let’s start planning!