A bathroom renovation can be your most valuable home renovation project. Building a custom bathroom in a luxury home can elevate that house to something fit for a king. Luxury bathrooms are gaining popularity because although they are certainly functional, these bathrooms are also an oasis away from other rooms that may be busy or full with a noisy family. They can provide relaxation and be a sanctuary in your own home.
Here are 6 of the best bathroom ideas for a luxury home that you can create:
- Underfloor heating. Although this addition has been present in luxury homes for some time, never underestimate the power of underfloor heating. There is nothing more luxurious than stepping out of a warm shower or bath onto an equally warm floor. Also, when waking up in the middle of the night, there is nothing nicer than not being shocked into complete alertness when your feet touch cold tile. Instead, wake up gradually by stepping onto soothingly warm bathroom floors.
- Outdoor showers. Outdoor showers are not just for vacationing at a boutique hotel. Now you can add this design feature to your luxury home! There is something particularly luxurious about a bathroom that opens into fresh air and sunlight.
- Walk-in showers. Love your walk-in closet in your luxury home? Why not get that same feeling with the shower? Walk-in showers can feel spacious, look stylish, and can make your showering experience extremely luxurious.
- Entertainment. The master bathroom is more than just a functional space; it is now the place that people turn to for relaxation. A modern luxury home should have all the amenities in its bathroom, including an entertainment zone. Consider installing mini-refrigerators or wine coolers, televisions, and sound systems.
- Stand-alone tubs. Not only do stand-alone tubs look great in a luxury home, but they also provide the ultimate place to soak and relax. Consider installing a deep-soaker spa tub to really wash all of the daily stress away.
- Let in the light. Bathrooms should never be dark and uninviting. In your luxury home, plan for a bathroom that has access to lots of natural sunlight by installing skylights and large windows. Also, adding large vanity mirrors will help to reflect and bounce light around the room, making it even brighter in the process.
For luxury homes in Lake Norman, contact us at Barlowe Brothers, LLC. With every project, we strive to provide exceptional service and workmanship. Give us a call today for more information.